creation: 07/01/99 (with AWT); revisions: 01/27/00;
major revision 01/11/02 (with Swing)
CHAPTER 61 — GUI Applications
This chapter develops two applications that are
just on the fringe of being useful.
Along the way,
it discusses several additional topics
in Swing programming.
- Example: Temperature conversion application.
- Obtaining numeric values from JTextFields.
- Writing results into JTextFields.
- ActionListener for a JTextField.
- Example: Calories from fat calculation.
- Using a JButton with JTextField input.
- Finding the right size for a frame.
At what temperature does water boil?