creation: 3/24/99 (using AWT), major revision: 01/06/02 (using Swing)
CHAPTER 56 — Swing Frames
Most GUI programs are created by extending the class
JFrame class holds the basic GUI
You extend this class by adding the
functions your application needs.
This chapter introduces these ideas.
- The three parts of a GUI.
- The JFrame class.
- Extending the JFrame class
- the paint() method.
- the drawString() method.
It may be helpful at times to refer back to the class
hierarchy diagrams of the previous chapter.
(Review: ) What are the three parts of a GUI program?
- Graphical __________ that make up the Graphical User Interface.
- ____________ methods that receive the events and respond to them.
- ____________ methods that do useful work for the user.